[Mingw-cross-env-list] Building x86_64 binaries for Windows

From: Franz Schrober
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Building x86_64 binaries for Windows
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:14:17 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

more and more users are requesting 64 bit versions of their programs (even when
WOW64 exists). So I asked myself whether it is possible to compile a mingw-w64
(please correct me when the name is wrong) cross compiling toolchain using MXE?

I found this bug 39 [1] which seems to allow this, but it is unmerged and the
current state is unclear to me. Was it already possible to build a 64 bit
toolchain and now it is only possible to build all toolchains at once? When
yes, what must I do to compile a 64 bit toolchain from the current
master/stable branch?

[1] https://github.com/mxe/mxe/issues/39