Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.8.0-rc1

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.8.0-rc1
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 22:47:16 +1100

On 19 October 2011 21:55, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 10/19/2011 12:49 PM, Tony Theodore wrote:
>>
>> I was hoping the new release would also solve some problems with OSX
>> 10.7. There were previously many "This version of Mac OS X is
>> unsupported" warnings, ultimately failing very early in the
>> cross-compile stage. The warnings are gone, but the build still fails
>> due to some invalid PCH files (log attached). I haven't had any luck
>> debugging this so far, any thoughts?
>
> Hi Tony,
>
> When I have run into invalid PCH files it's often been because the compiler
> that made the files didn't match the compiler being used. This happens when
> gcc is updated in my distro for example. The solution is to rebuild
> everything. I speculate that gcc's for different architecture's are getting
> mixed up in your case.

Thanks, I don't know much about PCH files. I've previously tried
building various versions of gcc (as the native compiler) but they all
end up with the same error. It's strange, the rest of mingw-cross-env
builds fine, and from the last two commands in the log, it looks like
i686-pc-mingw-32-g++ is creating the pch, then failing.

Now I can't build a native gcc easily (latest XCode updates broke
that) so I'm happy to leave this as unsupported for the time being.