Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.8.0-rc1

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Qt 4.8.0-rc1
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:44:31 +1100

On 20 October 2011 01:59, Mark Brand <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Thanks, I don't know much about PCH files. I've previously tried
>> building various versions of gcc (as the native compiler) but they all
>> end up with the same error. It's strange, the rest of mingw-cross-env
>> builds fine, and from the last two commands in the log, it looks like
>> i686-pc-mingw-32-g++ is creating the pch, then failing.
>>
>> Now I can't build a native gcc easily (latest XCode updates broke
>> that) so I'm happy to leave this as unsupported for the time being.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Tony
>
> I haven't been able to spot the problem in your log file yet, but I wonder
> if you could try adding the option "-Winvalid-pch" to get more information
> about the problem.

It outputs an extra warning line:

cc1plus: warning: ./.obj/release-static/qt_pch.h.gch/c++: had text
segment at different address [enabled by default]
cc1plus: error: one or more PCH files were found, but they were invalid
cc1plus: fatal error: .obj/release-static/qt_pch.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

does that mean anything to you?

Thanks,