Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] output directory names

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] output directory names
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:35:16 +0100

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> However, sometimes it's still hard to predict the output directory
>> from the package name, version, and filename. For example, the latest
>> sqlite comes in a tarball called "sqlite-autoconf-3070400.tar.gz" but
>> unpacks to "sqlite-3.7.4".
[...]
> I forgot to mention the "easy" option of just using whatever directory
> appears in "tmp-sqlite" after unpacking ("cd *").
>
> There is also the complication of archives whose files are not contained
> in a new output directory.

I agree that this would be a nice solution, despite that special case.
However, there's currently no pressing need to do that as SQLite fixed
their issue.

However, feel free to start working on that if you're still motivated
to do that. I'd be glad to help out with Make macros, but the most
work would be to get rid of all uses of $(PKG)_SUBDIR in all src/*.mk
files.

Greets,