Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.17

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.17
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:11:58 +0100

On 12/03/2010 06:34 PM, Tony Theodore wrote:
On 3 December 2010 10:26, Volker Grabsch<address@hidden>  wrote:
Dear mingw-cross-env team,

Once again, it's time to finish things and to prepare our next release.
I just upgraded all packages and included all contributed new packages.

Please check whether there are any open issues with our current
development version, and please don't add any new functionality
or packages until the release.
I just checked in a portability fix for gstreamer (and plugins) that
in retrospect might need some review:

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/c13830284f24

It's a bit of a hack, without an upstream patch - but I can't see
another way. I managed to find an autoconf macro:

AG_GST_SET_PACKAGE_RELEASE_DATETIME_WITH_NANO

that introduces a (stray?) dot in ./configure, but I can't trace it
back any further. It seems to be a recent or gstreamer-specific
addition to autoconf. The only other thing that may work is running
configure with bash (untested) i.e. "cd '$(1)'&&  bash configure",
though that doesn't seem much cleaner.

This fix works on FreeBSD, OSX, and Ubuntu.

Hi Tony,

I remember a stray dot caused by "echo -n" in freetds configure a while ago, but I don't see any "echo -n" here. Gstreamer's common/m4/gst-package-release-datetime.m4 does not have any obvious (to me) bashisms.

It's just a wild hunch, but I wonder about the "awk" in common/extract-release-date-from-doap-file which is called by that macro. Wasn't there a case once where "gawk" worked better?

Mark