Re: FLAC ntohl patch (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Rele

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: FLAC ntohl patch (was Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Preparation of Release 2.16)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:35:58 +0200

Mark Brand <address@hidden> schrieb:

>> Okay, i just committed the change adding wsock32 to *pc.in:
>>
>> http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/mingw-cross-env/rev/745fd5c11879
>
> Just wondering if winsock2 should be used. In other packages we
> generally try to use winsock2. Perhaps it's good to be consistent so
> applications don't end up statically linked to both versions.

I also thought about that. However, this would mean to change the
sources (to include the winsock2 header) in addition to the *.pc
file.

So nothing against it, but if you do that, please propose the patch
to upstream.

Also, maybe you find a portable way to link to the winsock2 library
by some statement in the configure.(ac|in) script? If not, please
mention that issue in the bugreport to upstream.

Greets,