Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Support for Windows 95/98/ME? (was: Solving t

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Support for Windows 95/98/ME? (was: Solving the Pthreads issue)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 23:22:17 +0200

Martin Lambers <address@hidden> schrieb:
> On Sun, 09. May 2010, 12:09:47 +0200, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> >
> > So what about dropping support for outdated Windows versions, too?
>
> Microsoft does not support 95/98/ME anymore, and support for Windows
> 2000 will end on July 13 (see <http://support.microsoft.com/ph/1131>).

Martin Lambers, Martin Gerhardy, thanks for your feedback!

Since there came no negative feedback, I think we should drop
the support for 95/98/ME.

I also like the argument that Microsoft doesn't support those,
either. :-)

However, I'm not sure about the quality of that nice patch,
so asked on the GCC-patches mailing list (where this patch
was initially proposed) for some clarification:

Let's hope we'll get a quick reply.

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR