[Mingw-cross-env-list] Support for Windows 95/98/ME? (was: Solving the P

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Support for Windows 95/98/ME? (was: Solving the Pthreads issue)
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 12:09:47 +0200

Gregory Smith <address@hidden> schrieb:
> If that patch is viable (I think it was rejected because it doesn't work
> with Windows 95/98/ME, which I don't know if we care about) then it would
> argue in favor of patching and using static pthreads. You wouldn't need
> any DLLs.

Some time ago we decided to compile for "i686" instead of "i386",
i.e. we dropped suppport for hopelessly outdated hardware.

So what about dropping support for outdated Windows versions, too?
I.e.:

    Is there anyone of you, the mingw-cross-env users, who needs
    to provide support for Windows 95/98/ME?

    Are there good reasons for keeping support for those platforms?

Any feedback is welcome!

Greets,

Administrator
NotJustHosting GbR