[Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt

From: phep
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:59:44 +0100

Hi,

As I plan to give mingw-cross-env a try to compile some app of mine for
Windows, I just had a look at the options that are set to configure qt.
I noticed that qt.mk uses the -no-exceptions flag.

As can be seen in http://bugs.gentoo.org/240185 and
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg04887.html it
seems using -no-exceptions might be damageable (while this is not
absolutely clear) and qt's configure help says :

+  -xmlpatterns ....... Build the QtXmlPatterns module.
                        QtXmlPatterns is built if a decent C++ compiler
                        is used and exceptions are enabled.

May I ask what is the rationale behind using -no-exceptions in
mingw-cross-env ? Is it safe otherwise to edit qt.mk to edit the
configure flags ?

Regards

phep