Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt

From: Mark Brand
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Configure options for qt
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:45:44 +0100

> As I plan to give mingw-cross-env a try to compile some app of mine for
> Windows, I just had a look at the options that are set to configure qt.
> I noticed that qt.mk uses the -no-exceptions flag.
>
> As can be seen in http://bugs.gentoo.org/240185 and
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg04887.html it
> seems using -no-exceptions might be damageable (while this is not
> absolutely clear) and qt's configure help says :
>
> +  -xmlpatterns ....... Build the QtXmlPatterns module.
>                         QtXmlPatterns is built if a decent C++ compiler
>                         is used and exceptions are enabled.
>
> May I ask what is the rationale behind using -no-exceptions in
> mingw-cross-env ? Is it safe otherwise to edit qt.mk to edit the
> configure flags ?

Actually, Qt is compiled with the flag "-exceptions".  The
"-no-exceptions" flag is only used in the first step when a minimal
native build is done to get the tools such as qmake, moc, and uic. I
don't know why it's there, but I doubt it makes any difference.

Please let us know how it works for you.

-Mark