microdc-devel

Re: [microdc-devel] Microdc bug report:[SPARC64] Client exits whenattemp

From: Vladimir Chugunov
Subject: Re: [microdc-devel] Microdc bug report:[SPARC64] Client exits whenattempting to browse files of any user
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:45:47 +0300

Hi,

Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
I can connect to a hub and do everything except browse a user's filelist. This is the output generated upon trying to connect to someone:
The client exits immediately after this with exit status 0.

microdc> browse zaphod
User from 172.26.113.111:32940 <http://172.26.113.111:32940> connected.
User connection `unknown1' renamed to `zaphod|'.
User connection `zaphod|' renamed to `zaphod|DL'.
zaphod: Starting download of `MyList.DcLst' (799383 bytes).
zaphod: Download of `MyList.DcLst' succeeded (transfer complete). 781KiB transferred in 0s (781KiB/s).
Disconnected from parse result pipe.
Shutting down hub connection.
Shutting down user connection process for `zaphod|DL'.
The microdc starts one more process to parse incoming file lists. The message "Disconnected from parse result pipe." means that this process closes the pipe. This happens only on parse process exit - so it looks like something goes wrong and this process terminates. Could you send me a copy of downloaded file list otherwise I have no ability to catch this bug fast enough?

Regards, Vladimir.