microdc-devel

[microdc-devel] Microdc bug report:[SPARC64] Client exits when attemptin

From: Nirbheek Chauhan
Subject: [microdc-devel] Microdc bug report:[SPARC64] Client exits when attempting to browse files of any user
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:37:16 +0530

I am using microdc 0.12.0 on a sun ultra sparc64 running an up to date debian sarge. The program was compiled using:

GNU make 3.8
GNU autoconf  2.59
gcc 3.3.5
gettext 0.14.4
GNU readline 5

I can connect to a hub and do everything except browse a user's filelist. This is the output generated upon trying to connect to someone:
The client exits immediately after this with exit status 0.

microdc> browse zaphod
User from 172.26.113.111:32940 connected.
User connection `unknown1' renamed to `zaphod|'.
User connection `zaphod|' renamed to `zaphod|DL'.
zaphod: Starting download of `MyList.DcLst' (799383 bytes).
zaphod: Download of `MyList.DcLst' succeeded (transfer complete). 781KiB transferred in 0s (781KiB/s).
Disconnected from parse result pipe.
Shutting down hub connection.
Shutting down user connection process for `zaphod|DL'.

This happens irrespective of the client I am trying to connect to.

--
Nirbheek Chauhan
Sophomore UG

"..."