metacosm-dev

Re: [Metacosm-dev] fresh meat

From: shinjisfriend
Subject: Re: [Metacosm-dev] fresh meat
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:51:54 CET

Hi Nicolas,

As Benoit wrote on the project website, newcomers are welcome. It feels good
too thinking that we share some ideas and want to make them real.

>I've planned to developp my own Java MUD, but it seems to me that's
>better to do that in an active group which share the same view.

A more realistic MUD engine is quite a large work... So it makes
sense to work in a team.

My skills :

>- java/JSP
(snip!)

Metacosm is all java for now. We discuss about swithching to another language
for the server from time to time, but it is not really serious. The clients can
be in any language.

>have you jobs for me ?
Of course. As Benoit already said, there is the LowLevelDescription document on
the CVS that discuss a data structure for the descriptions in the server and
for the client protocol. We wrote this because our current objective is to
improve the textual descriptions received by the telnet client.

Second objective is to implement a basic game (quest ? : a tour of the map,
looking for object and characters, or a simple fighting system).

Don't hesitate to ask questions about the code structure or the build system.
We officialy use GCJ 3.2 (but the jdk should still work)

Regards,

Horus

Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 € TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 € TTC/min)