mailman

Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: DMARC and gnu.org lists

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: DMARC and gnu.org lists
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 00:16:21 +0100

On 26 August 2017 at 00:20, Karl Berry <address@hidden> wrote:

> That is quite an annoying thread to (try to) read through.  I cannot
> discern what they actually did, or how they did it. I gather they
> removed the footer and avoided munging subject and reply-to:, so the
> dmarc message was untouched.
>
> These things are not current mailman options as far as I can see.

The only thing I can't find is the ability to disable the footer
specifically for DKIM messages. Other than that it seems it's a matter
of: Turn off Content filtering, and Reply-To: header munging and
remove subject_prefix, msg_header and msg_footer so Mailman doesn't
make message modifications. (Rewriting From: and Reply-To: using
dmarc_moderation_action="Munge From" seems to be the most common
recommendation, however.)

> So I
> suppose Debian hacked in some changes, but I can't tell what they
> actually did, technically.

I suspect it's easier to follow the summary of mailman 2 options at
the other page I supplied:

https://wiki.list.org/DEV/DMARC

--
https://rrt.sc3d.org