lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] French accents

From: Kristopher Kycia
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] French accents
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 22:37:12 -0500

If you are using a terminal (as opposed to an MS-Windows command shell) what is your shell's 'LANG' environment variable set to?

Interesting... I have verified the LANG variable HAS NOT BEEN SET TO ANYTHING (Undefined).

Perhaps this could be part of the problem, however I would see this as an environment OVERRIDE. If my env has a LANG setting, the browser would use that setting, if not it would then use the DEFAULT configured setting (which again is Western (ISO-8859-1)) and EVEN there, it should FIRSTLY refer to the content on the webpage (which again is defined as ISO-8859-1).

What kind of codepage am I supposed to use for the LANG environment variable? I am willing to set that and check if it changes the display, however I find it strange.

Kristopher R. Kycia