lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] French accents

From: Kristopher Kycia
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] French accents
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 00:49:38 -0500

>I'm just wondering if because it DEFAULTS to US-ASCII means that it is unable to pickup additional selections because something is missing.

Hmm...  I am thinking back to my OLD DOS days.  I am wondering if this has LESS to do with the Lynx DISTRO and more to do about my Windows configuration.

Way back in the good old days of DOS there used to be a SYSTEM LEVEL FILE named CONFIG.SYS.  And if my memory serves me right, there used to be configuration with regards to CHARSETs, LOCALS and CODEPAGES...  A DRIVER existed to enable ANSI and the likes...  Because this application RUNS from the DOS prompt, it is sounding more and more like an environment problem.  And the fact that now Lynx defaults US-ASCII makes me believe all the more that it is because it is unable to pickup any additional LANGUAGE INFORMATION.

Anybody here remember the GOOD OLD DAYS?

Kristopher R. Kycia