lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx developer/user group? started?

From: Rick Engebretson
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: Lynx developer/user group? started?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 14:31:43 -0500

Rick Platt wrote:
Now, however, I'm rekindling my old interest in automated system testing and
web browsing.
and
Frankly, if there's a devoted developer/user group and the product still works
I'd like to see it get promoted.

I would also like to join a lynx users group. I went through this before on the bug-ncurses list. The developers grind through their thing and users ask irrelevant questions.

Your lynx automation is very interesting to me. The recent linux 2.6 kernel has radically changed timing and scheduling bringing it closer to real-time automation capability. A text HTML/directory/executable browser has a low burden on the cpu. There is a real-time operating system called lynxOS.

I got a little freepascal ncurses and framebuffer video working. Lynx would fit in nicely. But a lynx users group would be nice. Thanks for the post.

Rick Engebretson.