lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx -show_cursor

From: Neil Graham
Subject: lynx-dev lynx -show_cursor
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:30:50 -0400

I am runing a Linux system, using bash as my shell.  I have lynx
2.8.3rel.1 with SSL support.  In my .bash_profile file, I have the line:

        alias lynx='lynx -show_cursor'

When I type

        lynx http://lynx.browser.org

the cursor remains stubbornly at the bottom of the screen.  When I type

        lynx -show_cursor http://lynx.browser.org

the cursor obediently apears on the first link.  Why is this?

A closely related problem:  I have found that, since about 2.8.2, when one
selects ``show cursor on'' in the Lynx options menu, and requests that
options be saved, the change will only hold during the current session
(i.e., won't be saved).  I haven't noticed this problem with any other
fields in the ``options'' form.  I found the same behaviour in the various
developmental versions of 2.8.4 that I've played with.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,
Neil