lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev cache across sessions

From: Darren Braecklein
Subject: Re: lynx-dev cache across sessions
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 01:01:05 +0000

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Sven Hartrumpf wrote:

> How can I use the lynx cache across several lynx sessions
> (sequential sessions of the same user)?
> I have set SOURCE_CACHE:FILE in lynx.cfg
> and files are cached in a fresh /tmp/ subdirectory, but when
> I quit lynx all these file are deleted automatically.

Tried using lynx with wwwoffle?

Wwwoffle is a very basic web cache system (aimed at DUN users).
http://www.gedanken.demon.co.uk/wwwoffle/

It'll store the pages locally and if your a modem user you'll be able
to get at the pages that you've looked at before when the modem if offline.

I find them to be a perfect pair :)

Live
--
|  mailto://address@hidden  | Lynx Browser :     |