lynx-dev

lynx-dev YA t2thtml change (was: external table filtering)

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: lynx-dev YA t2thtml change (was: external table filtering)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:16:37 -0600 (CST)

I made another update to t2thtml, it is again under
   <http://enteract.com/~kweide/lynx/lxtab/>.

This is a "merge" of Tom's t2thtml (as changed several times
by H.T. and me) with Tom's most recent t2tgrnest.  I.e. basically
backporting changes in t2tgrnest to t2thtml, as far as this seemed
to make sense.  Merging was mostly a mechanical process, I don't claim
to understand what I did or what the script does, so beware.  But
it seems to work.

ROWSPAN now works in t2thtml (as it already did in t2tgrnest), for an
example see the last table (A-2) in PW's ocaa2.html, for another example
<http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/domain-hello.html>.

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Hataguchi Takeshi wrote:
> I had to say from first like:
>     t2thtml works fine only in ristricted cases.
>
> I know there are many cases it doesn't work fine, but it's not
> trivial how to improve it.

That is still true, of course.
(I think it's true for all tablre approaches being discussed or tried.)

   Klaus