lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: I'm alive; JUSTIFY can be not so ugly; TRST - next step

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: lynx-dev Re: I'm alive; JUSTIFY can be not so ugly; TRST - next step
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:47:25 +0400 (SAMT)

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, Klaus Weide wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Vlad Harchev wrote:
>
> >  Hello, Klaus.
> >
> >  I was automatically unsubscribed from lynx-dev a week ago (seems my ISP was
> > down at night, and lynx-dev is very sensitive to subscriber's
> > unavailability),
> > and I forgot about lynx-dev completely (the was a long silence there). I
> > sent
> > request to address@hidden hours  ago, and there is no answer. Is lynx-dev
> > still open for subscriptions?  Also I sent some reply from flora archives,
> > and they didn't arrive. What's wrong?
>
> Maybe it has something to do with this message:
>    <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month1199/msg00250.html>

  May be. Anyway, today I subscribed to lynx-dev without any problems -
replies from majordomo came almost immediately.

> [ ... ]
>
> >  As for rendering tables - why don't you lynx-devers consider the algorithms
> > w3m uses?
>
> Why don't *you* lynx-dever (again I hope) consider it?

  I still consider myself as lynx-dever (and I'm ready to fix bugs in the code
I submitted). As I remember, I announced my willing to implement algorithm for
table rendering as in w3m on lynx-dev (as  asked for some funding in that
message). I think I will have time to start doing it in February.

> I'm sure w3m has a fine algorithm.   I think none of us lynx-devers has
> studied it.

  Yes, it has fine algorithm (and it's similiar to algorithms NS, MSIE and
others use as I guess). IMO we should use it too.

> > And another (crazy) idea - it can make sense to hack mozilla for
> > console use (it saves tables as text, so it has some renderer for this) -
> > this
> > will also bring support for java and javascripts.
>
> Fine ideas.  Somebody has to do it or it remains an idea.

 Yes...

> >  May be forwarding message to lynx-dev will make sense too. Could you do
> > this, please?
>
>   Klaus

 PS: you cc'd your reply to lynx-dev. Seems it didn't arrive to lynx-dev
flora archives yet.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad