lynx-dev

lynx-dev generic header generation

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev generic header generation
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:13:55 -0500 (EST)

991113 BJR wrote via Al Gilman:

please send all messages to  address@hidden ;
you can read responses at <http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/>.

> I can't find a option to change the headers I want in http requests.
> You guys seem to have more specificly added things like  -useragent= .
> Why not just have a generic header-adding argument
> like -custom_header="Referer: http://www.blah.com";.
> Is there any plans for something more generic to manipulate headers
> or at least more options for changing specific headers?

as a volunteer co-op, lynx-dev never really has plans.
things get achieved when someone with the necessary skill
has the interest & time to work them thro'.
if you are good enough at C to attempt this, feel welcome to send a patch.
questions -- simple or advanced -- will probably get intelligent answers,
but the basic rule of Lynx development is DIY.