lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS: (was: something wrong with LY

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS: (was: something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:53:44 +0300 (MSK)

18-Nov-99 20:26 Henry Nelson wrote:
>> You should be happy then that there's little chance it will ever be added
>> to the old-style Options screen. :)

> I am.

>> I don't really know why we have to have all this stuff...

> Does anyone?
At least one person...

>> was a given), but don't hold me responsible for the existence of the

> I don't.

>> There is none afaik, but there is one to disable *part of it* - the
>> "extended"
>> part - it is included in the following:

> Oh.

>> IIRC "extended" implies that LYNXCFG:/ shows from which file an option
>> comes (in case of, possibly nested, included files), and that there is
>> a LYNXCFG://reload link.

> Well, I lost that battle.  Still, wouldn't it be enough to make a simple
> list of file:// links to lynx.cfg and all of it's included files?  I should
> think it would lighten the load on Lynx and greatly simplify the code.
This code really simple.
file:// links to lynx.cfg already present in LYNXCFG page.

>> You probably have already excluded the "extended"ness at configure time.

> Yes, I can see that now.  I wish the meaning of _disable_ could be
> EXTENDED to mean LYNXCFG:/ in its entirety.

>> That is more true if you have disabled the "extended" features.  Even then
>> LYNXCFG:/ doesn't show the contents of just one file, but the synthesis
>> of the main lynx.cfg and all included files.  Of course, if you don't use

> Well it's probably nice if you're using INCLUDE (Is anyone really using it
> in any meaningful way?), but I question if a "synthesis" would be as valuable
> as knowing *which* include files in *what order* Lynx is referring to, if we
> are talking about debugging a setup.  Isn't the last include the one that
> Lynx would employ?

It is. But only for settings in that file.
The last included file may be of one line only, for example.
There could be a couple of included files.
LYNXCFG page was made to trace/debug such configurations.
Well, I will made this link from LYNXOPTIONS page only.