lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS: (was: something wrong with LYNXK

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNXCFG:, LYNXCOMPILEOPTS: (was: something wrong with LYNXKEYMAP)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:26:19 +0900 (JST)

> You should be happy then that there's little chance it will ever be added
> to the old-style Options screen. :)

I am.

> I don't really know why we have to have all this stuff...

Does anyone?

> was a given), but don't hold me responsible for the existence of the

I don't.

> There is none afaik, but there is one to disable *part of it* - the "extended"
> part - it is included in the following:

Oh.

> IIRC "extended" implies that LYNXCFG:/ shows from which file an option
> comes (in case of, possibly nested, included files), and that there is
> a LYNXCFG://reload link.

Well, I lost that battle.  Still, wouldn't it be enough to make a simple
list of file:// links to lynx.cfg and all of it's included files?  I should
think it would lighten the load on Lynx and greatly simplify the code.

> You probably have already excluded the "extended"ness at configure time.

Yes, I can see that now.  I wish the meaning of _disable_ could be
EXTENDED to mean LYNXCFG:/ in its entirety.

> That is more true if you have disabled the "extended" features.  Even then
> LYNXCFG:/ doesn't show the contents of just one file, but the synthesis
> of the main lynx.cfg and all included files.  Of course, if you don't use

Well it's probably nice if you're using INCLUDE (Is anyone really using it
in any meaningful way?), but I question if a "synthesis" would be as valuable
as knowing *which* include files in *what order* Lynx is referring to, if we
are talking about debugging a setup.  Isn't the last include the one that
Lynx would employ?

__Henry