lynx-dev

lynx-dev Foreign characters

From: Adalbert Goertz
Subject: lynx-dev Foreign characters
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 01:52:10 GMT

 address@hidden

Subject : Re: lynx-dev Foreign characters       Reference : NONE

re:

5-Nov-99 14:58 Adalbert Goertz wrote:

> address@hidden

> Hi:
> I would like to use German on lynx.
> What should go into
> (G) , (H), and (C) ?

Please consult with the documentation. It is covered by Lynx User Guide
RE: internationalization, 8bit, unicodes etc.
and links from that place.

the first two optional and generally unused,  the (C) - really important.

In would be more comfortable IMHO to use new forms-based option menu
(you probably disable it) for this kind of job:
reading docs/ trying different display charsets/ test / etc. until success.

> What website would list the charactersets (C) ?

> Thanks for your help.

>              Options Menu (Lynx Version 2.8.2pre.6)

>      (E)ditor                     : emacs
>      (D)ISPLAY variable           : aixtest.cc.ukans.edu:0.0
>      mu(L)ti-bookmarks: OFF       B)ookmark file: lynx_bookmarks.html
>      (F)TP sort criteria          : By Filename
>      (P)ersonal mail address      : address@hidden
>      (S)earching type             : CASE INSENSITIVE
>      preferred document lan(G)uage: en
>      preferred document c(H)arset : NONE
>      display (C)haracter set      : Western
> (ISO-8859-1)address@hidden

adalbewrt goertz responds:

Please, consult WHICH documentation? I have loaded down all
kinds of lynx FAQs, user guides. This was not among the answers I
seek. How do I enable the new option menu which I have seen
in one of the docs I downloaded?
Which URL-doc addresses international character handling in
lynx the best? Especially the (C) choices?