lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Foreign characters

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Foreign characters
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 14:40:29 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Adalbert Goertz wrote:

> re
> Please consult with the documentation. It is covered by Lynx User Guide
> RE: internationalization, 8bit, unicodes etc.
> and links from that place.
> >>
> Adalbert Goertz responds >>>>>>>>>>>>
> >>
> I just figured it out. My first server (a library) did not permit
> any changes of the option menu, no character changes, nothing.
> That is where my frustration came from. I got another server
> and it works: I can change the settings of the OPTION menu.
> I still doint know how to change the options menu from the old one
> to the new one.

Congratulations.

If you use a dialup server that doesn't allow you to call lynx from
the command line, but drops you into lynx directly, you probably
cannot switch to the other form of options menu.  But it isn't
really important for your purpose.

You should play with the

 display (C)haracter set

option to find out which one gives the best results for you.
In particular, try

   Western (ISO-8859-1)
   7 bit approximations (US-ASCII)
   Macintosh (8 bit)