lynx-dev

lynx-dev special characters

From: Adalbert Goertz
Subject: lynx-dev special characters
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 15:28:45 GMT

 address@hidden

Subject : Re: lynx-dev special characters       Reference : NONE

31-Oct-99 22:51 Adalbert Goertz wrote:
> hi:

> re: Foreign characters in LYNX.

> Can someone direct me to the conversion table that are used
> in translating special characters like German umlaute etc.
> to their LYNX equivalents?
> What is the reasoning of defining LYNX equivalents?
> If I had the choice, I would define for German umlaute
> A" to [
> O" to \
> U" to ]
> a" to {
> o" to |
> u" to }
> The reasoning for this is thus:
> I can easily find and replace these 6 symbols into umlaut symbols
> on my Apple computer.

1) I see no reason why you are not using a proper display/keyboard codepage
which will support German umlauts directly (such as iso-8859-1 or so,
set "display character set" in lynx O)ptions menu according your fonts
installed.

adalbert goertz responds:

What woould be the "proper display/keyboard codepage"
for my Apple//GS?

>>     We need better special character handling on the web
-- ******** Adalbert & Barbel Goertz ****** ph 719-390-1088 ****--
---  retired in Colorado Springs, Colorado (Karl May country)  ---
 Special HTML-characters CAN be handled userfriendly. See me at
          http://www.cyberspace.org/~goertz/spec.html