lynx-dev

Re: more TRST support (was: Re: lynx-dev another largish patch)

From: rjp
Subject: Re: more TRST support (was: Re: lynx-dev another largish patch)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:46:18 +0100

In message <address@hidden>,
           Klaus Weide writes:

> (Actually I am not quite sure why you suggest it: *which* people
> are you thinking of?  Why would they benefit, don't they notice
> what lynx does when they run it?)

Those people who say "Lynx is crap, it doesn't support X, Y and Z" without
actually knowing of what they speak?

To be able to mail a journalist or news poster and say "Look at <URL> to
see what Lynx does with frames/tables/javascript/xml", rather than "Install
Lynx to see how fabulous it is" would probably get a much better response
from said journalists or news posters.

Perhaps http://lynx.browser.org/press/ could be a repository for things
about Lynx that journalists could use?  Quick history, some soundbites,
list of features, some screenshots of it handling tables, etc.  Something
like that, anyway.

The directory is there, with a placeholder page.  If someone wants to
maintain the page, I can arrange a login.
--
rob partington % address@hidden % http://lynx.browser.org/