lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev suggested addition to lynx.cfg

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev suggested addition to lynx.cfg
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 10:11:16 +0900 (JST)

> Is this better?

Not really.  It's my same ol' gripe that the configuration process
has become so involved that people can justify a battery of management
tools just for the one file lynx.cfg.

Why not leave it up to the user to include the global file if they want
to?  Is your proposal so different from the following?
#INCLUDE:~/.lynx.cfg:INCLUDE [other allowed settings]

If your additions HAVE to always be at the end of lynx.cfg, you end up
creating yet another maintenance burden.  I just wanna scream.

__Henry