lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Fwd: Lynx for Amiga

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Fwd: Lynx for Amiga
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 18:10:21 -0800

Al Gilman forwarded:

> >From: FrEdY <address@hidden>

> >      Hi! I've compiled Lynx2.8.2dev7 and 2.8.2dev13 without problems
> >   on my Amiga computer, so I think you could name 'Amiga' as a supported
> >   platform in the homepage 'lynx.browser.org'. :)
> >   AmigaOS is based on BSD, and no changes are neccesary to be made to
> >   the sources.

????  AmigaOS doesn't have the slightest relationship with BSD!  I
believe there are NetBSD and probably OpenBSD ports for the Amiga, but
those are not AmigaOS, which is based on Tripos, from some UK
university.  Commodore also once shipped their own Unix port, which was
SVR4.0-based.

None of which detracts from your point -- if it builds and works, great!
Someone has put together a good build environment.