lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version

From: dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: cursor showing strangely on screen in newest version
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 07:56:24 -0500 (EST)

> > properly).  Is this a new configuration (terminal and/or library) or
> > just a new bug?
> >
> > > David
>
> I have changed nothing in MY setup.
>
> I run whatever version of lynx that wcheung has put up;
> all I know is that it is acting differently now.

Well, here's a possibility - the old copy may have been linked against
curses, and the new against slang.  Slang doesn't work properly for
terminals that do not support "back color erase" (bce).  Curses (and
ncurses) do.  You can test your terminal's bce capability by running the
vttest program from my ftp area (not the one that's already on netcom,
since that dates before my changes).  There's a couple of screens
under menu 11.2 which exercise bce handling.

If that's the case - there's not a lot you can do unless you get wcheung
to build lynx against curses or ncurses (or get a different terminal
emulator).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden