lynx-dev

lynx-dev new cookie patch (was something long)

From: Philip Webb
Subject: lynx-dev new cookie patch (was something long)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 13:33:21 -0400 (EDT)

980721 Matthew Kelly wrote:
> about cookie modes ... I think it would be really nice
> to allow site by site prefs, plus an overall preference.
-- detailed proposal snipped --
> Such a schema, plus saving state on cookies and cookie preferences
> would allow people to estab cookies/cookie preferences
> for those sites they use (eg NYT, etc) and ignore everything else.
> I had thought of programming this a year or more back
> but was put off by the fact that cookies handling standards were in flux.
> Is now a better time? Thoughts on the idea?

you should take the reaction from lynx-dev as very strong encouragement
to get to work & offer everyone your results in a patch;
at the very least, it will provoke others to join in,
but probably your efforts will become yet another Lynx improvement.
that's how Lynx develops ...