lynx-dev

Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply

From: Doug Lawson
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx and JavaScript -Reply
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 15:40:23 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 16 Nov 1996, David Woolley wrote:

> Brad Whitlock
> >
> > We use server-side includes to accomplish that, and that *is* visible to all
> > browsers.  Does the web server you're using support server-side-includes?
>
> Server side includes tend to make pages uncachable,

How so ?  In fact, what is the difference between a page with an SSI and
one that was simply written that way?  We have a fair amount of SSI on
http://sailor.lib.md.us/, and I bet you can't tell me which is, and which
isn't, ss-included.

>  and are not available to users of cheaper accounts.

???? Perhaps you are thinking of something else here ? Maybe a META
directive ???

Doug Lawson
;
;