lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] What is the memory alignment of the pointer returned by

From: Terry Barnaby
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] What is the memory alignment of the pointer returned by mem alloc() in mem.c?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 14:04:53 +0100

"When I set MEM_ALIGNMENT to 4, why sometimes mem_malloc() returns a 4 byte aligned address and sometimes it returns a 8 byte address?" Well when set to 4 Byte alignment, you will likely have a 50/50 chance of the address being 8 Byte aligned (depends on the size of items you are allocating, however it will always be 4 Byte aligned).

Terry