lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] What is the memory alignment of the pointer returned by

From: Terry Barnaby
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] What is the memory alignment of the pointer returned by mem alloc() in mem.c?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 06:16:18 +0100

In your lwipopts.h what have you set for MEM_ALIGNMENT ?

// MEM_ALIGNMENT: should be set to the alignment of the CPU for which lwIP is compiled.
#define MEM_ALIGNMENT           4

Terry

On 27/05/2019 04:17, address@hidden wrote:
Could anyone give me some advice?

I recently use mem_alloc() to allocate a structure memory which have a int64 member. However, mem_alloc() returns a memory poniter which is 4 byte aligned which cause a memory unaligned fault.
The code is as follows,

ifp=mem_alloc(sizeof(structure interface));

The structure intrface has a member flags which is int64. The size of structure interface is 112 which is a multiple of 8 while the address returned is 0x720ef324 which is not 8 byte aligned. So when I want to access ifp->flags, an unaligned fault will be triggered.

Could any give some hint?
Thanks!
Best regards,

yan