lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] two logical ethernet interfaces on the same, physical p

From: Kamil Khoury
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] two logical ethernet interfaces on the same, physical port?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 16:13:31 +0200

Actually I don't want to have two different IP addresses on the same ethernet port because the protocol I'm trying to implement works on layer 2. If you take a look at the picture in the original message it specifies two logical Ethernet ports and the protocol says: "the node communicates with the network via two logical interfaces based on a single physical port".

I can distinguish the two logical Ethernet ports I created by netif_add() by giving them two different MAC addresses but the problem is that the destination MAC of all received messages is a MULTICAST address which means, the two logical interfaces won't be able to identify which of them should handle the received message.

I'm not sure if my problem is clear, but I guess the image says it all.
Thanks,