lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] two logical ethernet interfaces on the same, physical p

From: Kamil Khoury
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] two logical ethernet interfaces on the same, physical port?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 09:45:54 +0200

Hi,

I was able to find something on the internet which allows to implement layer 2 protocols in a socket using the SOCK_RAW. Unfortunately, this is a linux library which is described here:
http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man7/packet.7.html

Packet sockets are used to receive or send raw packets at the device
       driver (OSI Layer 2) level.  They allow the user to implement
       protocol modules in user space on top of the physical layer.
I know that the SOCK_RAW option is also available in LWIP but I think it only allows a socket over IPv4 not layer 2. Am I correct? Do you think I can use this library in LWIP to do a layer 2 socket?

Thanks.