lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] raw API

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] raw API
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 12:20:47 -0300

My first advice: please do not post capture snapshots, post capture files. And please post the whole session... My second advice: please describe what you are trying to do and how do you think you are not achieving that.

192.168.0.1 is ... ? looks like the client, since it is issuing a RETR
192.168.0.2 is ... ? so the server...
The server answers the RETR
Do those TCP ACKs belong to this conversation ? As those are not standard ports, I tend to think they are not. If I had the capture, I could check and figure out by myself, among other things... In FTP, you either let the server connect to you at port 20 or you use passive mode and let the server inform you where he is going to be listening and you connect there. If you will not use passive mode and want to use a different port number, you usually instruct the server BEFORE actually asking it for data.
The usual sequence is:
USER
PASS
PORT
RETR
The server seemed to have sent some data to somebody at port 49157 (0xC005 -> 192,5), but since I don't have prior info, I can't tell. You seem to try to instruct the server to call you at 202,82 -> 0xCA52 = 51794; is that what you want ? Then do it before RETR and have 'someone' actually listening there. BTW, if you want/need an FTP client, there is one I contributed to (and tested) in github: https://github.com/gezedo/lwftp

BTW, can you also post a link to that RAW API FTP server ? I'd like to try it.