lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] UDP server on LwIP socket falls into hard fault if inpu

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] UDP server on LwIP socket falls into hard fault if input string, longer than 19 bytes
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:04:37 -0300

> hard fault. I think it because of NULL pointer exception

Insted of thinking, put an assertion to verify that, and follow your
processor debugging instructions to understand the actual reason of the
hard fault.
Even your OS has a guide on that:
http://www.freertos.org/Debugging-Hard-Faults-On-Cortex-M-Microcontrollers.html

PS: I would honor and follow advice regarding memory allocation functions, if I was you and I was chasing a fault on some error that depends on the number of data being processed.