lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] ARP Request breaking Telnet traffic

From: Ueli Niederer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] ARP Request breaking Telnet traffic
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:18:48 +0200

Glad we could help. Still I'm a bit puzzled, why the ZyWall also resets a connection based on the same IP (172.16.1.7) in Frame 20...

A final recommendation based on my own experience: Invest some bucks in a second NIC for your PC and always create a separate network for your development devices. This avoids such bad coincidences and avoids side effects during your tests.

There are some neat USB NICs by Trendnet you can by for little money.

Regards
Ueli

Quoting Daniel <address@hidden>:

Thank you both, Ueli and Bill

Of course you're right, I should have provided more information. Sorry,
first time poster in lwip.

Your assumptions about the IPs are right. 172.16.1.11 is a ZyWall.

Your hints just helped me a lot. I asked myself what could trigger my device
to change the MAC - but had no clue. Then I looked closer at the MAC
addresses. Our devices use their serial number as the last digits in the
MAC.
The MAC which was used before the problems, was the serial number of my
controller as expected. The latter MAC address was a serial number that was
a bit higher. So I had a look at my colleagues desk, and actually somebody
did some tests with another controller at that time, using the same IP
address like me! That was a bad coincidence.

Thank you very much for your help, you made my day!

Regards,
Daniel