lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP - "last_unsent->oversize_left >= oversize_used" ass

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP - "last_unsent->oversize_left >= oversize_used" asserts
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 11:49:54 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 08:20:23PM +0200, Sylvain Rochet wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 06:43:43PM +0200, Krzysztof Wesolowski wrote:
> > > "last_unsent->oversize_left >= oversize_used
> > > unsent_oversize mismatch (pcb->unsent is NULL)"
> >
> > I have encounter same assert line while streaming big chunks of data
> > using netconn API, so this is rather OVERSIZE related issue.
>
> Actually, as expected, it was my fault :-)

Well well well, I am sometimes soooo dumb. The RAW API is indeed not
thread safe, this is explicitly written in the documentation, oh dear.
To be honest, I actually based my work from previous code written, and
yes, we now have to redesign "some" stuff in our products :-)

Luckily, using the UDP raw API outside the lwIP thread, UDP being not a
timeout-hungry protocol, seem to cope well.

Sylvain