lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Ping Error

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Ping Error
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:26:19 +0000

On 17 Jan 2012, at 14:22, Philippe VENAULT wrote:

> No it is not the Mac-Addr of the switch but it's not either the same that I
> have
> configured by software. For example, I configure 00:0a:35:00:01:AA for
> 192.168.0.3 and the reply is 00:0a:35:00:01:2A for 128.232.0.3.
>
> I have try without the switch and the problem is the same.
> I have activated LWIP DEBUG and with the printing, i see the wrong IP Address
> in
> the terminal...
> It seems that it is in the software in "lwip function library" that the
> problem
> is but where !!!
> Yet I use the example provided by Xillinx unchanged : lwip echo server

It sounds like somehow the state is becoming corrupted.  This isn't a familiar
problem.  I do remember that some of the older pre-packaged versions of lwIP
that were included with Xilinux or Altera products (can't remember which) were
not well ported and so had bugs that limited their usefulness, but I don't
recall anything that sounds like you describe.

If you can see the problem IP address with LWIP_DEBUG in the terminal then I
would start adding more tracing - the ICMP code is quite small - and see if you
can work out when the address gets changed from the "good" value to the "bad"
value.

Kieran