lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Windows implementation

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Windows implementation
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:19:55 +0200

<address@hidden> wrote:

I've ported lwIP on Windows in userspace as a cool way to work around Windows TCP/IP stack limitation. See here: http://www.dupuis.me/node/21

I've read it briefly and looked at some of your src-code. TapWin32.cpp
uses OpenVPN's tap-driver instead of WinPcap. I fail to see the advantage of
this.
If there really is one or is it just another way of getting to the link-layer?
And how does all this "work around Windows TCP/IP stack limitation" for an
arbitrary
program like nmap? lwIP can AFAICS not be used to replace Winsock completely.
It would be cool though. I'm only aware of libcurl using lwIP as a Winsock
replacement
at the moment.

--gv