lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Windows implementation

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP Windows implementation
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:03:27 +0200

"Simon Goldschmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hmm, you probably would "only" need to create "winsock.dll" or "ws2_32.dll" that emulates the original dll's API and place it beside the exe...

That would be nice, but not feasible at the moment. Winsock isn't so
BSD-compatible as lwIP is. One would need to emulate all the quirks
that ws2_32.dll has. And how about all the WSAAsync*() functions? Not to mention overlapped I/O. Ref.
http://tangentsoft.net/wskfaq/articles/bsd-compatibility.html

I'm only aware of libcurl using lwIP as a Winsock
replacement
at the moment.

Really? I didn't know that.

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2011-08/0027.html