lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP stops responding on Ping and HTTP calls from a bro

From: Ruben
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP stops responding on Ping and HTTP calls from a browser
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 15:53:51 +0200

Hello

I have to devices connected to switch which is connected to an other switch where my PC is connected to.
If is disconnect one of my devices the problem that the stack stops responding is solved / the device keeps responding on ping / telnet / http.

when i watch the lwip_stat stucture in my debugger I see some protocol error but that might be caused by the stack only dealing with two type of protocols: IP and ARP header type 0x800 and 0x806 the error was gererated on type 0x69.

I am not sure why the two devices on the same switch cause this kind of behaviour. maybe the switch is nog very good or the Lwip stack had an unexpected influence in both devices.

I'm going to think about it in the weekend and hopefully get an idea on how to test / analyse / solve this.

Any suggestions ?

Ruben