lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] protect from overflow of received data

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] protect from overflow of received data
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 07:23:49 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
> I have the following problem and question:
> I use LWIP with an arm microcontroller and the application has an active
> TCP connection.
> Now the question is how can I protect from an overflow of received data?

The only option you have is to not update the window (i.e. don't call
tcp_recved until you have more buffer space available). However, this means
that you have to be prepared to buffer a full tcp window (by not freeing the
pbufs passed to your recv callback function until you processed them - and not
calling tcp_recved). Everything else you need regarding flow control has to be
implemented in your application protocol, i.e. on top of tcp.

Simon