lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Windows 7 Startup crashes LwIP and Free RTOS
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 21:47:52 +0100

On 29 Jun 2010, at 17:45, Marco Jakobs wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> i can't get a LwIP debug log out of it. Enabling the debug output seems to
> alter the condition - on the debug enabled device it did not happen, but on
> the others. Debug output makes LwIP incredible slow when a bunch of packets
> arrive (my Telnet server is nearly unuseable with the debug output on) - this
> seems to prevent it also from happening.

In that case abandon the debug logs, but if possible keep logging error
messages and assertion failures.  Try and get a wireshark capture that
corresponds to the failure if you think it is related to particular traffic.
My guess is that it's a timing dependent crash that is triggered by receiving a
few packets quickly, so wireshark might not help us much, so if it's difficult
then don't worry.  The most useful way to solve the problem might be to try and
work out how to provoke it and so make it more reproducible.

Kieran