lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RST sent by linux on close

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RST sent by linux on close
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 19:36:14 +0100

On 26 May 2010, at 14:58, Jeff Barber wrote:

> Not an lwip problem per se (at least I don't think so), but I'm hoping
> some TCP expert here can suggest a reason why this is happening:

The usual reason for a RST being sent in this situation is if there is still
data queued on the socket for the client application to read.  I would have
thought the shutdown(RDWR) would have dealt with that.  Just to make sure, you
could try explicitly trying to read from the socket just before you close it.

If the client application closes the socket but the process doesn't exit, is
the RST still sent?

Kieran