lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP hangs on transfers with many short packets

From: multiplex
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP hangs on transfers with many short packets
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:04:22 -0700 (PDT)

Kieran Mansley wrote:

> On 26 May 2010, at 06:54, multiplex wrote:
>

>> Kieran Mansley wrote:

>>> I would use the LWIP_STATS code to identify if there is some resource
>>> within lwIP that is running low.
>>>
>>> Kieran
>>>

>> Thanks Kieran - Here are two printouts for the display_stats(). The first
>> one is when everything is still going well; the second when it hangs
>
> Unfortunately there's nothing there to point a finger a what might have
> gone wrong.  All the resources seem fine: there is plenty of everything
> available, and it doesn't seem like anything has run out at any point.
>
>> (note:
>> it is only lwIP that hangs - I still have serial - and if we disconnect
>> and
>> wait really really really long, the connection will closely nicely).
>
> Can you explain that in more detail?  Can you be precise about what you
> mean by disconnect and how long a really really really long time is?  If
> lwIP has hung, I wouldn't expect it to do anything no matter how long you
> wait.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kieran
>

>From the system logs, I get the message that the connection was shut down
correctly - my interpretation was that, due to the other side disconnecting
when you close the telnet session, at a certain we hit th timeout (which for
TCP can be really long).

Too bad - nothing seemed wrong to me either. Any chance we might be losing
ACKs? And we just start waiting, hoping for them to come back? If so - I am
currently looking at switching to UDP.

One last thing. If we take Xilinx' lastezd and greatezd SDK 12.1 - we get
1.3.2 as well. Would that help, IYO?