lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: Using lwip for writing a minimal HTTP proxy

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: Using lwip for writing a minimal HTTP proxy
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 09:14:51 +0100

On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 12:04 +0530, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> Oops! I think i'm in a soup on this one!
>
> My default interface set to the interface from which the client
> request is originating. Could this be the reason that the TCP packets,
> of the new connection (the proxy one), are being routed out of this
> interface instead of the correct one (the second interface)?!
>
> Is there a way I can add a host specific route for the second servers
> IP. So that the packets get routed properly?
>
> I could not find any "route add" function.

Can you show us how you create the two netifs?  They should logically be
on two different IP subnets, and so the appropriate one for the IP
address you're connecting to should be used.  If the IP address you're
connecting to is not in either subnet, then I think it will use the
default netif and attempt to route via the gateway on that subnet.

Kieran